Ensuring grid reliability through sustainable development in the Middle East
Power companies are now looking at ways to increase and upgrade the capacity of their infrastructure by developing new substations to transmit and distribute energy to new and existing areas. They are also improving the performance of their existing substations and increasing the network capacity by introducing the best international technologies.
The inaugural Electrical Substation Development conference taking place in Dubai on the 1 & 2 May 2016 will provide an insight into the many complex challenges involved in designing and constructing new substations and the refurbishment of existing substation to ensure equipment safety, reliability and performance.
Through detailed presentations, unique case studies and interactive panel discussions this event will cover critical challenges for increased reliability and availability of electricity, asset management, environmental impact containment, and the adoption of appropriate technological advances in equipment and systems that can help achieve world-class and cost-effective substations.
Key topics include:
- Designing, planning and integrating substation projects: Understanding the complexities and challenges faced with creating iconic yet functional structures that are sustainable
- Adopting a holistic view to substation design: Considering the surrounding environment including environment and aesthetics
- Adopting the latest technology for substation control and protection: Applying the latest innovations to ensure grid reliability through innovative substation development
- Substation optimisation and lifetime extension with complete refurbishment: Conducting power transformer life extension, circuit-breaker mid-life overhaul and substation refurbishment to ensure network reliability
Who should attend?
The inaugural Electrical Substation Development conference aims to bring together power generation, transmission and distribution companies with the following job titles:
- Substation Development
- Substation Automation
- Major Projects/Projects Planning/Design
- Power Network/ Network Planning
- Electricity/Electricity Performance
- Smart Grid PMO
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure
In addition to companies with distributed power systems, consultancy firms and solution/service/technology/system providers who provide:
- Substation automation services
- GIS and AIS platforms
- Transformers, switch gears
- Remote Monitoring Systems
- Fiber Optic cables
- Power system protection
- Calibration equipment
- GIS platforms
- Protective relay test equipment
- SCADA/DCS/Automation and Control
What others are saying about the event
The summit provided a great understanding of energy and water sector in Oman”.First Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Oman
The summit provided me with new contacts and new sector insights”.Director of Customer Affairs, Authority for Electricity Regulation (AER)